DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Who will control your data?
The data controller/processor for all the information you provide is the Committee of the Yarmouth
Gig Rowing Club. If there is something that you do not understand please contact Sam Hotchin the Membership
Secretary of the Yarmouth Gig Rowing Club (“YGRC”) at firstname.lastname@example.org
How will we use the information about you?
The information that you provide will form the basis of a club contact database. The information
that you provide will only be used and reviewed as necessary:
1. to enable YGRC to contact its members,
2. to enable YGRC members to contact each other,
3. to arrange travel to and to enter crews in regattas and other organised events
4. and to provide information to other bodies as may be required by law or to assist the
medical, Coast Guard, RNLI and other emergency services in carrying out their duties.
How will we look after your data?
Your data will be collected by you providing it verbally, completing a paper form, providing it by
email or by completing a Google Form or similar data collection process.
Upon receipt your data will be transferred to and held on a database and contact list kept on a
standalone laptop kept by the Membership Secretary. Data you have provided electronically will be
retained in the cloud based email and online Google Form and/or Google spreadsheet or other data
Data provided in paper form will be retained in a lever arch file kept by the Membership Secretary.
Your name, email and mobile phone number will be kept in cloud based Google and iCloud (or
similar) Contacts Lists.
How long will we keep this information for?
Your data, including any paper forms completed by you, will be kept for the duration of your
membership of YGRC and for a further period of 12 months after that. It will then be deleted or
What are your data rights?
Your personal information belongs to you and you have the right to:
1. Be informed of how it will be processed
2. Request a copy of what we hold about you
3. Have it amended if it is incorrect or incomplete
4. Have it deleted (where we do not have a legal requirement to retain it)
5. Information will not be deleted where it is in the legitimate interests to retain the data for
the benefit of governance of YGRC
6. Withdraw your consent if you no longer wish us to process – please bear in mind this has
implications for YGRC in not being fully informed regarding its members
7. Restrict how we process it
8. Object to us using it for marketing or research purposes
9. Object to us using it in relation to a legal task or in the exercise of an official authority
How do I exercise these rights?
If you would like to access any of the information we hold about you or have concerns regarding the
way we have processed your information, please contact:
Yarmouth Gig Rowing Club